Cumin Seeds ½tsp
Coriander Seeds 1tsp
Chopped Green Chillies 3nos
Chopped Ginger 2tsp
Turmeric Powder ½tsp
Lime Juice 1tsp
Poppy Seeds 1tsp
Aniseed (Powder) ½tsp
To prepare the Rice
Basmati Rice 250g
Cinnamon Pieces 6pieces
Cardamom Seeds 5nos
Curry Leaves 3Stalks
Biriyani Chicken Masala
Cinnamon Pieces 5 piece
Cardamom Seeds 4nos
Tomato Cut into small pieces 1num
Boiled Egg 1num
Roasted Cashew Nuts 10gms
Roasted Raisins 10gms
Roasted Onion 1num
- Clean and cut chicken to medium large pieces.
- Soak the aniseed, poppy seeds. And grind it together to a thick paste.
- Grind together the curd,coriander leaves, mint leaves,curry leaves,cumin seeds,coriander seeds, green chillies,garlic,ginger,turmeric powder ,salt and lime juice.And make a fine paste.
- Marinate the chicken with all the paste we just made.Keep aside for 1-8 Hours
- Heat ghee in pan and add bay leaf, cardamom seeds,nutmeg,cinnamon,cloves and onion.Stir it well.
- Add tomatoes and add marinated chicken.
- Cover the pan and cook for at least 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Remove cover and cook on low flame for another 10 minutes to allow gravy to thicken.
- Chicken masala is ready.
- Soak the biriyani rice in water for half an hour. Drain the water.
- Heat ghee in pan. Add cinnamon, cardamom seeds, curry leaves and cloves.Fry till soft.
- Add the rice and heat it in a low flame for 10 minutes.
- Add water and salt to taste.When water comes to a boil, turn flame to low and cover the pan. Cook on low flame for at least 15 minutes.
- Rice is ready.
- Layer the serving bowl with alternating layers of rice and the chicken masala.
- Garnish the top with a boiled egg cut in two pieces, roasted cashews,raisins and onion.